There are many reasons why people want to ship their personal and household effects. A move abroad either permanently or temporarily or perhaps a move back home, are likely to be some of them.
Whatever the reason, you want to bring your personal items with you and you want them to arrive in good order at your place of destination. We operate a range of services dedicated to shipping your personal effects safely at competitive prices within given time frames.
Good packaging is very important. Unless your goods are shipped on their own as either a full trailer (FTL) or full container (FCL), they are likely to be shipped alongside other goods as either groupage or less than container load (LCL) and handled more throughout the shipping process. Experience has shown that in these cases, poor quality packaging is the main cause of damage to goods at destination. We accept goods that are DIY packed by the sender or alternatively we can arrange professional packing for you. We can only arrange Personal Effects cargo insurance cover on goods that have been professionally packed.
We arrange all shipping documentation but you must provide an accurate inventory of all goods you are shipping. This is required by UK & Overseas Customs and the Cargo insurers (if applicable).
The type and size of transport utilized will be dependent upon the quantity of goods and transit time required. We can ship to arrival port/airport or destination address as required. Generally speaking,
European goods will move by Road as either:
- full trailer load - you can DIY load the trailer at your premises (subject to access) or we can arrange loading for you. Possible reduced packing costs due to having the trailer to yourself. Transit times 48-96 hours (subject to destination).
- groupage trailer load - we will collect the goods from you and load onto the trailer at our depot. Transit times 72-120 hours (subject to destination)
International goods will move by Sea or Air as either:
- Full container load (sea) - you can DIY load the container at your premises (subject to access) or we can arrange loading for you. Possible reduced packing costs due to having the container to yourself. Weekly service, very cost effective and suitable for large shipments that can accept longer transit times.
- Less than container load (sea) - we will collect the goods from you and load into the container at our depot. Weekly service, cost effective and suitable for smaller shipments that can accept longer transit times.
- Scheduled air cargo - we will collect the goods from you and load onto the aircraft. Daily service, expensive and suitable for high value items requiring very quick transit times.
- Consolidated air cargo - we will collect the goods from you and load onto the aircraft. Service 3-4 times per week, less expensive than scheduled and suitable for high value items requiring quick transit times.
Our UK and international courier service is available for those smaller parcels and packages (usually under 100 kgs) that do not fit into the above road, sea and air options.